Followers

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Good News- Praising God

I went for my follow up with Dr. Nicholson today. I did get good news if any form of cancer can be good news. The other two masses are benign..........Praising God and Jumping all around! He will be doing the lumpectomy next Monday the 29th. He said I would have two incisions one where the lumps are and the other is under my arm to check the lymph nodes. If the lymph nodes are clear, I will just need radiation. Which will follow sometime after I heal from the lumpectomy. There is still a chance the cancer could be in my lymph nodes, but I am praying for the best. I may have to stay in the hospital one night if he has to put in a drain. I will take this news any day!! I should have had more faith. I hold a strong belief that God talks to me through rainbows. Every crisis in my life if things turned out good, rainbows would show up everywhere, I ask for a double rainbow one time and he provided that. This week I was walking a patient down the hall yesterday and one of the doctors came out of her office. She handed me two booklets just out of the blue. She did not explain why or what they were. I just took them back to my office. The one was an inspirational calendar filled with rainbows and healing scriptures. The other booklet was filled with healing quotes and inspriation. The first page of that book had a picture of a big bright rainbow. Sunday afternoon, the sun was shining through our sun room window. I have a crystal picture frame setting on my bookcase. When the sun hit that there were rainbows all over my sunroom and into my family room. This has never happened before. I know some you will say that this is silly, but I have seen this happened all my life when troubles came and the outcome was going to be good or not as bad as I thought. I am praising and thanking God for my rainbows!!

9 comments:

  1. Hi Susan! Praise God for the knowledge that less cancer is in your body! Keeping you lifted up in prayer...and no you are not silly, God has a way of encouraging HIS children and letting them know that HE cares and is still in charge! I think it is wonderful that God is speaking to you through the rainbows that HE sends your way....May Gods' peace and joy continue to flood you as you go through the surgery and radiation....sending big hugs your way, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Wendy. Your encouragement along with others are so valuable to me!

      Delete
  2. Praising God with ya..was talking to another sister in the Lord and she is like you with rainbows. She was blown away on the weekend with all the rainbows that God was showing her, she even pulled over while driving just to take a picture of one...I'm in awe of God's lavish love..Susan I want to share something with you that I know God has spoken to my heart and well to all His daughters..'you are living your miracle'. you are seeing it. Someone called the other day and we ended up just bawling, praising, crying, so much pain was being let out..she asked me..'when Angie, when will i see it' I was so broken and overcome I couldn't speak for a bit, than I told her..'I am living it right now. I am seeing the miracles unfold'....Faith is seeing the invisible (become visible), believing the impossible and receiving the incredible. Your miracle, your healing, is here....praising God praising God praising God!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angie, I feeling my miracle and praying for the same miracle in everyone's life that is going through a trial of the body , heart or mind!

      Delete
  3. Susan, I hope you can feel the big smile I have on my face that you have had good news. The incredible healing power of prayer has brought rainbows and given you a reason to smile also. I'm so happy I came across your blog and do feel we are making strides and that my daughter's loss was not in vain. I work towards a cure every day and your story has touched me greatly. Love, Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my dear one, your daughter is still with you. With every person that survives this disease, she is up in heaven giving thanksgiving for each and every one. Thank you so much for your support, I know this is not easy for you.

      Delete
  4. Dear Susan, I am giving praise and thanksgiving for the news you received. I have been thinking and praying for you constantly. I love how rainbows have been a sign in your life. I believe these mysteries too and I know God will see you through all this. Continued prayers for your hospital stay and beyond.

    Love the pic of you and your beloved on your other blog. What a beautiful couple you are.
    Hugs, Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan I am so happy!! I know God is so good and lots of prayers have been going up for you. I love how God encourages you through rainbows! Blessings my friend and I'm still praying!
    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be praying for you to have another great outcome from your surgery that your lymph nodes will be clear of cancer. I love that God gives your rainbows! He gives me birds and wildlife. I will pray that you have peace before your surgery like he gave me. Since I had a mastectomy I could give you some great tips with that but I'm not sure about anything for the lumpectomy. I know I wasn't able to sleep on my side for a good 3 weeks after my surgery. The first 2 nights I slept in my lazy boy. I then moved to the bed but couldn't sleep on my sides as I always do. I have sciatica so the pain in my legs was horrible from sleeping on my back. I did put pillows under my knees to help which it helped some but not really. Do take your meds on time and don't try to go without it. Believe me staying up til 1 am to take your next dose is well worth it because you don't want to wake up in pain. I wasn't allowed to shower for 2 weeks. I ended up going to the beauty shop to get my hair washed and that really made me feel so much better. I'm assuming they will give you something to wear after your surgery. They didn't give me anything. I wore zip up the front robes. The meds will make you sleep alot. Don't worry about that you need your sleep! You will feel so much better in a few days after you've slept for a few days. I know I did. Once I was able to sleep on my side I would hug a pillow on my right side. I still sleep with that pillow. Let other people take care of your house and take care of you.

    Hugs,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete