Followers

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Short update!

Hello my friends! I wanted to update my blog on what has been going on with my journey. The good news is I am almost completely healed from the radiation. I still get tired by 2:00 pm every day, but I guess that is par for the course. The new medication I am on is suppose to cause my bones to become brittle. I have to have bone density test quite frequently. I had my first one today, it took about ten minutes. Nothing to that at all. I have to go for another mammogram ,week after next. My surgeon had called the hospital to give them an order.I was not expecting this, it came out of the blue.But I am praying for good news! Today a friend at work confided in me that she found a lump in her neck. She had lymphoma in the past in her spleen. This poor lady has been through so much. If you would graciously remember her when you pray I would greatly appreciate it. Her first name is Jennifer! Jennifer is just the sweetest person, but she is struggling to keep it together right now, she is fearful her cancer has returned. Hope you all have a great weekend.

6 comments:

  1. Dearest Susan, I'm so sorry for you friend and of course, I'll keep her in my prayers. I remember how devastated Kelly (and we all were) when we got the news her liver was covered 80% in tumors, just 5 months after her double mastectomy. Life isn't fair, but then, you know that all too well. Also, keeping good thoughts for you has you have your boobs squeezed:-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will you have to stay on the maedication that is causing your bones to becaome brittle? I am glad you are feeling better little by little. Please be careful that you don't fall. Prayers for your friend Jennifer. Not fair to have to start fighting again after having fought the same war before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan. Your friend will be in my prayers as well. The doc springs that order on my daughter once in awhile so that seems to be par for the course. She has an MRI every 6 months also. All's good still. Keep up the good work and talk to you later. Enjoy the weekend..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad things are going fine with you. Bone density's are not a problem at all and mammograms are only a problem for a few minutes.
    I do hope all the results are good.
    I certainly will pray for Jennifer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mother has just finished her chemo and radiation...such little strength right now. Hope every day is a stronger one for you. Prayed for your sweet friend Jennifer!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy things are going well for you.I hope all good results. Sorry to hear about your friend.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete